Pear and Parsnip Soup
Parsnips , Peeled 1 Kg
Oil for deep frying As needed
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil 2 table spoons
Shallots minced 50 g
Pears, ripe, peeled, seeded and diced 3 each
Vegetable stock 1 Liter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Nutmeg To taste
Maple Syrup 4 table spoons
1. Thinly slice six lengthwise strips of parsnip and fry in oil until crisp. Drain on paper towel and season with salt and pepper
2. Dice remaining parsnips
3. Heat olive oil on medium heat and sweat shallots for 1 minute. Add the parsnips and sweat for further 5 minutes. Add two third of the pears and the vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Puree the soup and adjust the seasoning
5. Saute the remaining pears in a small amount of olive oil and portion in center of the service bowls.
6. Slowly pour in soup and place a parsnip crisp on top of the pears
7. Drizzle maple syrup around the perimeter of the soup.
Makes 6 portions